Testimonials from our retreat guests
- The Nourish in Nature retreat was an incredible experience. It was not only relaxing and energising, but also equipped me with so much information and lots of ideas for how to integrate food, herbs and yoga into my life to help feel more balanced. 6 months on I am regularly using the things I learned during the retreat in my daily life. Fiona, Sara and Aoife all show a lot of care and intuition within the areas they practise and paid attention to everyone on the retreat individually, so that each person took away something special to them. I definitely recommend this retreat to anyone looking for something a little more insightful and holistic than the usual yoga holiday - Kate. London UK
- It was the best thing I have ever done for myself. Emotionally and physically I moved on in just that one week. The nutritious food, the fulfilling yoga and meditation and the freedom, all a natural medicine for health and well being. To my surprise the next month after my return I found myself pregnant after battling ten years of endometriosis and infertility. For me one of the best experiences of my life. - Jenny. Liverpool
- Mind blowing place. So simple and yet the best. Excellent way to connect to nature and reconnect with oneself. A good way to press the reset button -
- I discovered for the first time what yoga is truly about during this retreat. Highlights were waking up to birdsong, the thoughtful yoga classes, long leisurely breakfasts. All this is tucked away in a little valley -
- I spent 5 days/6 nights on the Nourish in Nature retreat for Women which included; 2 hour morning yoga and short meditation sessions with Fiona, focusing on one of the 5 elements each morning (earth, water, fire, air and space). Following this was a delicious breakfast with plenty of fresh fruit (displayed beautifully), porridge and toast. This was followed by an informative workshop with Sara, the herbalist who taught us how to recognise certain herbs and how they can help to support different elements of women's health. Each day we made something different including a nourishing face oil, maca balls and turmeric latte. After this we had lunch then had some free time to do as we wished, such as go to the local village, chill in a hammock or visit the reservoir (which we did with Sara on the last day with a picnic). Evening yoga happened 3 times during the week and consisted of a gentle practice and twice yoga nidra (my first introduction). During the middle of the week, Aoife gave us a complimentary massage, and I cannot praise her enough - she worked wonders with a hip issue that I have had for many years. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before as she performed a mixture of advanced clinical based massage, myofascia release and structural integration. Needless to say I went back for a 2nd private session! This was my first retreat and such a wonderful experience. Thoroughly recommended - Hannah. Edinburgh UK.
- Thank you for a wonderful relaxing and inspiring week. I met some really interesting and genuine people, making the stay really worthwhile, fun and sincere. Everyone was so friendly, what a wonderful group of people. Your settings are beautiful, and the reservoir is stunning! Plus watching the sun rise from the top of the hill is a great way to start the day. The relaxed atmosphere definitely added to the good mood of the place.- Doron UK
- So much more than a regular yoga retreat, this place offers a unique chance to delve into the natural elements and experience a new way of living. The accommodation and food were amazing. We really felt so nourished and well looked after the entire time. We could not recommend this enough. We will definitely be back next year! - Sian and Stacey. London
- Staying one week there doing yoga opened my heart. I connected with so many beautiful people in a magical place. I am thankful for being there. I loved it. - Mariann. London
- I went to Fiona's retreat in May 2016 for a Yoga Shakti week. I have been practicing yoga since I was 17 , quite a few years now , but had had a break due to injuries . Fiona's teaching was delightful as was the week long course. There was an active practice in the morning balanced by Yoga Nidra and meditation in the afternoon. We traveled through a different element each day and it was all very enriching. Fiona also directed me to exactly the right book to read, Donna Farhi on developing a self practice. I have had back issues since my twenties but found that I could do upward dog for the very first time due to Fiona's teaching and the heart opening practices in a pine forest. Absolutely wonderful .- Rose. Dublin
- I‘ve just spent two weeks in this amazing place. As soon as you arrive, you feel at peace. I love being in the middle of nature and in the middle of nowhere. The yoga practice really helps with connecting to yourself, becoming present, calming your mind and listening to your heart to make decisions you might not have been able to make before. My body and my mind feel totally balanced and regenerated. - Sylvie. Geneva
- A wonderfully relaxing week in the depths of beautiful central Portugal. What a perfect location for getting away from it all and feeling truly close to nature in such a peaceful and secluded place. Waking up in the peace of the surroundings, inspiring yoga, followed by a delicious breakfast and then a day of unwinding in a hammock, exploring the local countryside, reading in the shade, swimming in the reservoir, more yoga and meditation, and of course eating yet more nutritious and tasty food... I couldn't have hoped for more. Fiona was a sunny, patient, calm and inspiring teacher who was in tune with each one of us and managed to ensure that each person in our class (which consisted of various different levels of yoga experience) enjoyed and took a lot away from our week of practice. I left feeling refreshed, relaxed and revitalised. I would recommend this week to anyone.- Holly UK
- When I came back home I felt very nostalgic of the calm I found on the retreat. I miss the smell of the forest and listening to the birds while meditating. I learned a lot in just a few days and want to thank you again for that. I also wanted to let you know that I am now able to do the headstand without difficulty since your explanations :))) - Camille. Germany.
- Thank you so much for the wonderful retreat. I feel inspired and re-energized after a week full of yoga and meditation, yummy food and amazing people. It was a good balance between yoga and free time. There was enough time to relax, to get inspired by the many yoga books available and to have a hike to and a swim in the reservoir. I loved the yoga and meditation classes, my body is stronger, softer and my mind more clear and calm then before. Fiona and Sara are amazing hosts, taking care of the group and involve you into their ecological way of living. This was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you again, I would love to come back in the future. - Melanie. Oslo
- It's the first time I've travelled on my own and my first retreat and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Both Fiona and Sara were fantastic and the people I met were welcoming and warm. I felt so looked after and nourished inside and out with the healthy, delicious vegan feast we had every day. I left having made some lovely friends (we're still in touch and planning to visit each other), nourished, grounded and very calm. I'm looking forward to going back. - Shaheeda UK.
- Thank you for welcoming us into your wonderful space. Such a calm and rejuvenating atmosphere. Perfect for chakra healing and balancing body and mind! I look forward to coming back to explore the swimming spots and river beaches. - Emily. Berlin
- What a fantastic retreat! As an experienced yogi, I thought the quality of the yoga classes was very high, the yoga teacher (Fiona Macleod) had so much knowledge and understanding of the practice that really came through in such a clear but gentle, understanding and loving way that i have know doubt that everyone would enjoy and benefit from her classes, whether a beginner or more advanced student. Not only was the food absolutely delicious with fresh, wholesome meals and ingredients straight from the garden, the surroundings offer a tranquil and beautiful place to really rest, ponder and relax. The facilities were perfect. I would highly recommend this retreat to anyone who enjoys yoga, nature and great, healthy food. I will defiantly be heading back soon! - Alex UK
- A very restful, calming, friendly eco retreat. Just what was needed. Loved the accommodation. Food was yummy and very healthy. Fiona provided the teaching which supported our individual needs. Lots of time for reflection. Will definitely return. - Lesley UK
- Feeling rejuvinated, invigorated, refreshed and relaxed after a wonderful week of yoga, breathing, meditation, walking, swimming, good company and amazing food. Could not have asked for more! -
Margaret, Cathy and Anna UK
- WOW! What an incredible place to spend a very happy and relaxing week. The food has been consistently amazing, the accommodation was cosy and comfortable, the views and sunsets spectacular and the yoga classes in the morning were glorious. I had a truly wonderful time - as in, full of wonder. Thank you! -
- thank you so much for an amazing gift that this holiday has been for me and Marit. Every meal has been a delight and a treat, as well as every yoga lesson. We'd love to come back one day and enjoy the views, the rest, and the sleep again. It is a little paradise on earth. I feel relaxed and happy. Hope to come back soon. -
Femke & Marit. Holland